Nutrition + Menu
DHCDC is committed to providing fresh, high-quality, and nutritional meals daily. We provide breakfast, lunch, and snack.
- Meals are served family-style in the classroom
- Meals are prepared by ServeSafe certified food service professionals
- Fresh/frozen fruits and vegetables
- Lean meats (no beef, no pork)
- Whole wheat bread products
- No high fructose corn syrup
- DHCDC is a nut-aware facility
- We offer accommodations for food preferences and allergies
- Breakfast: 8:30 – 9:00 AM
- Lunch: 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Snack: 3:00 PM
Menus are planned using best practices and recommendations from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the federal Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), and Georgia Quality Rated standards.
Listed below is an example menu. Menus are shared with families weekly in Brightwheel.
- Baked waffle with blueberry compote
- Fresh sliced fruit
- Pasta with salmon
- Glazed carrots
- Spinach dip with flatbread strips
- Fresh sliced apples
Icon credit: Smashicons