Download a printable .pdf DHCDC’s school calendar below which includes important dates, school closings, conferences and deadlines, and free parent workshops.
DHCDC observes the following holidays and center closures. Note there may be variability year to year depending on the dates that holidays are observed.
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Break (Wed., Thur., Fri)
- Winter Break (12/25 through 1/1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Professional Developments Days (2-3 a year)
DHCDC offers a variety of fun activities for students, families, and staff throughout the year.
- Grandparents Day (September)
- Fall Festival (October)
- Thanksgiving Community Dinner (November)
- Book Fair (February)
- Class Pictures (March)
- Week of the Young Child (April)
- Muffins with Mom (May)
- Pre-k Moving on Ceremony (May)
- Staff Appreciation Week (May)
- Donuts with Dad (June)
Whether you are starting a new phase and bringing one to a close, we have built in orientations and celebrations to support families along the way.
- Family Welcome Breakfast (August)
- Curriculum Night (September)
- Parent/Teacher Conferences (November and April)
- Pre-K Informational Meeting (February)
- Summer Cam Family Orientation (May)
- Class Transition Weeks (July)