The Druid Hills Child Development Center has been serving children and families in the midtown Atlanta community since 1969. We are committed to meeting the needs of working parents through providing a high quality early care and learning environment. We strive daily to provide the highest quality of care and education in partnership with our parents and community.
The mission of the Druid Hills Child Development Center is to develop children socially, emotionally and cognitively, to encourage their curiosity, and to help them realize their full potential. We define quality as an environment that inspires children’s natural curiosity and believe children learn best through doing. We partner with families to support them in their role as their child’s first and most important teachers and believe that through this partnership we create a foundation for a child’s future success.
- We value safe and healthy environments that foster creativity and curiosity and create a foundation for young children and their families for future educational and life success.
- We value the creation of a community for children with an emphasis on positive interactions that reflect our respect for children and their individual needs.
- We value the engagement of parents, children, educators, and community members to create our child driven community and to foster individuality for all.
- We value striving for quality improvements and the professional development of our educators as we support them in their quest as life- long learners.
- We value our role as trusted advisors and a provider of resources to our families and work hard to maintain that role every day.
We serve children ages six weeks to five years of age and provide care for school-age children ages 5-8 during the summer months. We serve approximately 120 children daily and have a staff of 35 teachers working diligently to implement our philosophy and curriculum. At the Druid Hills Child Development Center we believe that children learn through the process of playing and doing as well as through their senses. Our days are filled with conversation, reading, counting, painting, and exploring the world through science. For further information on enrollment, click here
The beautiful images you see throughout our website were taken by professional photographer (and DHCDC parent) Kenzi Tainow. Please tell her thank you and be sure to treat yourself with a visit to her website www.kenzitainowphotography.com.